1. What is Data Science and what does a Data Scientist do?
Data Science is an ever-evolving field that involves analyzing large data sets and applying algorithms to find ways of gaining useful insights from them. Data Scientists apply creative problem solving skills to a wide range of disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, and AI technology in order to extract meaningful information from data. More and more organizations are leveraging their data to make informed business decisions, which is why Data Science has become particularly relevant nowadays. With the rise of big data, businesses have access to vast amounts of structured and unstructured data which can be used to gain unique insights into operations, customer behavior and overall performance. The application possibilities are virtually endless and being able to acquire the resources necessary to excel in this field has become more accessible than ever. Learn more about roles in Data Science >
2. What will I know after the Data Science Bootcamp?
Graduate of Full Data Science Course:
- Can work in Python on intermediate analytical tasks using best practice libraries – data ingestion, preparation, model training and evaluation. Can use basic SQL commands to ingest and transform data. Knows how to use documentation to expand their skills in specific areas of the language.
- Understands the use of ML models and their purpose in typical data science use cases. Understands inner workings of the models to the level of informed user and can explain their differences.
- Can challenge task definition in case it is incomplete, does not make sense or is too broad. Can ask business counterparts common-sense questions in order to gain enough understanding to choose the right data science approach and plan necessary steps to solve the task.
- Can communicate results to general audience as its members do not possess understanding of data science basics.
- Has enough understanding of data science approach and methods to continue deeper learning in chosen area later.
- DOES NOT go deep into understanding the math behind complex ML models.
- DOES NOT go into an advanced programming concepts.
3. Is there any career support available?
Making the jump from one career to another is always a big decision, and it can be intimidating to switch into a field like data science. Data science offers lucrative job opportunities as well as the chance to work at solving fascinating problems with cutting-edge technology. But how to get your foot in the door? Coding Bootcamp Praha team is here to support you at every step of your journey to change career into data science. Our career support services include workshops on developing your resume and portfolio, interview presentational skils, networking events to meet potential employers, mock interviews with qualified professionals, and help with understanding the market landscape.
4. Is the programme suitable for beginners?
Our Full Data Science Course is designed for beginners who have a curious mind, enjoy developing the analytical side of their brains, and are willing to work hard during their studies. If you already have a basic familiarity with programming logic it is useful, however, the first part of the course is designed to teach the basics of programming in Python. In case you already feel confident at your knowledge of Python and SQL, then you can directly apply for the Intensive Data Science Bootcamp Only. For the majority of our students we recommend to sign up for the full course as it is designed to accommodate people from all backgrounds regardless of their previous experience.
5. What are the payment options?
There are 3 payment options available. Firstly, you can choose the one payment plan, which allows you to utilise the discounted tuition fee. Secondly, you can choose the two payment plan. The first payment is due at the time of acceptance. The second payment is due 10 days before the intensive bootcamp. Thirdly. you can choose the Pay Later plan, which allows you to pay the majority of the tuition fee after the course. This plan is split into 1st instalment at the time of acceptance and 4 future payments after the bootcamp. Learn more about the Payment Options >
6. What are the study hours and can I study in-person or online?
The Full Data Science Course consists of a part-time online preparatory module (Fundamentals), followed by intensive in-person studies (Intensive Data Science Bootcamp). The Fundamentals preparation takes 4 weeks and is part-time during the evenings. This part of the course is taught online, so that you can save time commuting and can focus on studying the basics. The teaching hours are on Tuesday nad Thursday, between 18:00 - 20:00. Furthermore, you get exercises and readings to do outside of these study hours, so that you can practise and solidify your knowledge. Afterwards, you join us for the Intensive Data Science Bootcamp, which takes another four weeks. This part of the course is taught in-person to foster team collaboration and communication, since most of the tasks and projects are done in groups. The teaching hours are 9:00 - 17:00, each day between Monday - Friday.
7. What is the teaching language?
Data Science Bootcamp can be studied both in English and in Czech. Choose a course either denoted EN (English) or CZ (Czech). However, keep in mind that when you sign up for the Czech-taught course you're expected to have working knowledge of English, so that you read study materials in English and research the Internet without being limited to Czech resources only. If you're comfortable reading in English, then that's a sufficient level. For the English-taught course we expect you to be comfortable both reading and speaking in English at all times throughout the course.
8. Is there any certificate?
Yes, after successfully completing the bootcamp, you will receive a signed certificate of completion. A data science bootcamp is a great way to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to get up and running in the data science industry. You can use the certificate to demonstrate your skills and showcase what you have learnt on LinkedIn (or similar). Achieving this certification is an excellent way of validating your credentials and showcasing your commitment to learning, making yourself highly attractive candidates for many jobs.
9. What equipment I need?
You need a laptop with a webcam and a reliable Internet connection. In case you're not sure whether your laptop can handle all the tools you will be using during the programme, feel free to send us your computer specification (your OS, processors, and memory) and we will let you know our opinion. However, in most cases any modern laptop should do just fine.
10. When should I apply?
Regarding the ideal time to apply, then we recommend to apply as soon as possible to avoid the course getting full. Whenever there is a full number of candidates confirmed, we close the registrations for the specific batch.